Thursday, October 4, 2007

Dr. Phil, Jena Six Program Video

Episode 1 - Friday September 29


Episode 2 - Monday October 1


I just watched the first episode, haven't watched the second one yet. I decided to go ahead and post this because I don't know when I'll have time to do in-depth commentary on it, so I think y'all should go ahead and see it.

One piece of commentary, the white woman from Jena in the episodes, who is the school assistant teacher, Bobbi Cornett, is the white woman I spoke about in this piece who tried to justify Reed Walters threat to the Black students, as just a friendly warning to help them; when I was in Jena.

I didn't bother to name her in the piece because she didn't deserve the recognition, but since she's going national, I need expose her frame of mind. At first I thought she might be a reasonable white person, since she started off talking about how "they have a right to be here, they can march, that's their constitutional right". But then she went on to show her true colors with that ridiculous Reed Walters comment, and I moved on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yobachi, have you seen a link to the actual letter that Jena mayor wrote about Mellencamp song? I've seen excerpts from the letter ... I'm trying to find a copy of the letter in its entirety.

Yobachi said...

No I haven't. I've only seen anything about it on the t.v. so far.

I haven't been around the net the last couple of days since I had this "Beyond Jena:What's Next" program that I put on today

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a high school student working on a piece of theater revolving around the incidents in Jena. I am trying to collect different ideas and thoughts about the situation and I am wondering if you would be willing to answer some questions for me. If so, please e-mail me at alextaulere@hotmail.com. Thank you.