Saturday, February 16, 2008

Clearing Up The Current Mychael Bell Situation

When I posted this article a few weeks ago, I expressed my surprise that Mychael Bell had been released, wondering how I could have possibly missed that. Well I didn't. The lazy professional media that Steven A. Smith thinks should be the only ones allowed to report on issues, simply got some basic facts wrong.

I just spoke with Alan Bean of Friend's Of Justice, and Bell isn't living with foster parents in Monroe Louisiana, he was transferred to some sort of "half-way" house there, pending his release around June.

I'll try to get in touch with one of his lawyers next week to see if I can get a little more detail and clarification of his status. Lord knows I'm not going to get it from the mainstream media. Yahoo and Google news searches have had nothing listed on Mychael Bell for weeks now, and next to nothing on the Jena 6 in general.

It's clear that the main stream media has retreated back to it's pre-September 2007 dearth of coverage of this case. And these are the people we’re supposed to trust the dissemination of information to.

Thank Holy God in Heaven for the internet (not withstanding it’s potential to be used for evil)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could be the MSM decided that Jena is no more than a local story after all. If a story doesn't sell commercials to white America, it's not news.

The trials for the other five should be starting in the next few weeks. I expect coverage to pick up a bit then, but with basketball finals about to begin as well, I doubt Jena will get much news time.

Anonymous said...

http://blackunity.multiply.com/notes/item/16

WE BEEN FOLLOWING BELL SINCE THE BEGINING IN THE BLOGS OVER HERE. THIS ONE IS FROM JAN 4TH. COME OVER TO GET ALL YOUR BLACK NEWS